Well despite my best efforts and denial I ended up catching a cold. I have this post that has gotten hits forever about "Can't taste anything." So I'd thought I'd do an addendum.
Current thoughts on the cold.
Denial: I don't have a cold, I am fighting something...It's just allergies.
Part of the problem this time around was that I was in a performing situation yelling over performers next to us with an actual sound system so it was easy to mistake the sore throat for actual wear and tear.
I dropped Zinc, Vit C, slept and had the fever break etc.
I was feeling pretty good until stage 2...Sinus
That's when it really hit me. WOW! Official miserable zone....BOOM!
What really is hitting me hard this time is the STUPIDITY!
I recently saw the House episode where the genius was robotripping to be stupid so he could actually have a "normal life". That's sort of what this cold feels like right now. I feel a few points dimmer and am finding it hard to stress out about anything in my normal obsessive future. I can't really talk on the phone at length.
So what I am doing is watching Hulu while writing. I am making short lists and trying to just cross items off the list at this point. My normal obsessions with mad productivity seem to be taking as short vacation even though I am being productive.
The key here is to create and manage the short list but not stress out about the actual time table.
STRESS AND COLDS do not bold well together.
I got lucky last time on my last cold posting with traffic. So who knows but here's what I am doing this time...
1. Zinc-In theory actually shortens the expectancy of a "Cold"
2. Emergenc C
3. Decongestant: I prefer the old school Pseudophedrine but am taking the readily available OTC new version. I think Im going to switch back.
4. Netti Pot- Flushing helps take away some of the sensitivity and draining.
6. Hand Sanitzer to limit the SPREAD lol.
7. I am notably staying away from Cheese, milk and limiting wheat products. I have been shying away form milk products again anyway. However Wheat is tough I am a big bread lover.
8. I slept propped up at an angle versus flat and that pretty good. This is new and it felt less like a catastrophe when I woke up. lol.
9. Ooh I almost forgot. Instead of a nasal spray I use my eye allergy relief drops to relax the eyes but also those sinus that are closed right on the edge. It seems like the eye drops help without the full throttle nasal spray.
10. Sugar Free Menthol Cough Drops
This is not meant as advice it's just a journal of some Over the counter
Anyway....That's all for now.
This took me much longer that normal to write and please forgive the BLOGGING FIRST DRAFT kind of tenure to the piece. I have a cold people.