Tweetdeck takes twitter to another level, but there is still a learning curve. Downloading the application is the first step.
On a more bottom line note...
Why I can't answer that directly for everyone. We consistently talk about balancing your messages from being content, sales, fun and personal related.
A better question...
HOW DO I GET PEOPLE TO START INTERACTING WITH ME?
I discovered this originally from a short post I did on having the filing cabinet fall on me in the old office. This is when I first realized people are reading.
So while there are a ton of things to play with on Tweetdeck here are a few tips on Keyword searches.
1. Download the Application.
2. Click on the Keyword Search icon and then choose some keywords related to your product, service or interest.
3. Tweetdeck will then create a column dedicated to that search.
4. You can then start to follow or interact with those people chatting about what your doing.
5. If they are not following you just use the @ button. and then keep an eye out for a response.
BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS IS THE FIRST STEP TO SALES.
You'll find that Twitter becomes a lot more like IM chat with Tweetdeck and you'll start to create more relationships. This is another step in creating relationships which should lead to sales.
I wouldn't stop the sales messages but try to find that balance as quickly as possible. Balance will give all your messages more credibility.