San Diego,Ca- The goal towards the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009 was simply to complete projects, clear the plate and get aggressive in January towards accelerating and creating projects. In days of recent juggling 10 days straight followed by an aggressive attempt to complete projects It seems my enemy this week was TIME. Quite simple there are only 24 hours in the day and the management of that time while trying to complete projects is the key.
I write this as sort of advice to myself...
1. Make a list and prioritize
2. Learn what tasks are best to do at what times. Making calls at 9p.m. at night is not generally a good idea.
3. Get Help. But in seeking help watch your time management as listed above. Sometimes teaching someone at the wrong time a task will put you behind the MOST IMPORTANT task in front of you.
This happened this week.
4. Don't forget to be physical. I just went through 10 days of straight juggling. That's 10 days of Martial Art type movement, adrenalin, extrovert, interactive behavior followed by me sitting in front of a desk for 10-15 hours a day.
I need to break up my day with actual physical activity. Walks, Weights, Etc.
5. I also find that enviroment changes also help me. I have been feeling the weight of the office this week for some reason. I need to continue filing and cleaning there as well. So I came to the house to get some writing done and it seems like its working.
We did accomplish quite a bit this week. We did two strategic meetings, created some game plans, and did accomplish some goals. The harder thing was that we also lost a few projects and now have to replace them. ( A sign of the economy.)
We know how to create business the key for me right now is to balance clearing the plate while creating new business so we don't lose any more ground but gain.