One of the challenges of being an entrepreneur is that you can't do everything but you stil do everything. This article outlines some of the brilliant changes made by Gregory Nemitz after he asked Fortune Small Business to help.
BeefJerky.com gets a makeover...- By Malika Zouhali-Worrall
These same principles are often applied to our projects. One of the themes of our work in the field is simply find what works and do that. The problem is sometimes finding what works. You have to be able to make mistakes, get advice and be diligent.
Here are some of the major changes made to BeefJerky.com on the advice of a nameless but brillant marketing expert.( I think it's funny and brilliant that FSB
1. BETTER COPY: home page now emphasizes that his jerky compares with any gourmet product sold in specialty stores, but costs $10 less per pound. As soon as he posted that information, Nemitz says, his sales increased by a pound a day.
2. EMAIL MARKETING: increased the frequency of the beefjerky.com newsletter, which includes seasonal special offers, from four to six times a year. Moving the newsletter sign-up box to the front page of the Website gained him an extra 1,500 e-mail addresses in six months.(WOW! REALLY, I WISH I NEW A GREAT EMAIL MARKETING COMPANY..OH WAIT THATS US www.jugglemail.com.!)
Two things that he has yet to act on
These are not unlike suggestions that we make constantly to our clients, readers and listeners. Many of them find themselves in the same challenge. Copy and Email Marketing is an effective and cost effective move in general. At some point either a business will be limited or slowed by operating out of revenue or it needs to be capitalized.
In these recession filled times the good news is that copy, email marketing and social media are readily available and cost effective. We can help with those and when your ready we can also assist with more traditional buys.
We are learning though now that there many people out there with traditional advertising budgets that are still ignoring social media and email marketing this is where you can take advantage of the situation.
After reviewing the website we will contact BeefJerky.com guy and say there are 4 more things that are cost effective that can increase traffic and Brand Awareness.
1. BLOG- Start covering his own progess using blogging and interact with customers to promote the product. Also we can get other blogs to cover the site.
2. SOCIAL MEDIA: Start building a presence on some social media sites.
3. MONETIZE THE SITE AND THE BLOG: google adwords people or another service
4. AFFILIATE PROGRAM: Start a BeefJerky.com affiliate program.
Ok before I give away the farm let me contact this guy...If you need help
Kamatoy is a Juggler on several levels. Currently Professional Juggler
Comedian, Blogger, Music Co-Producer (Derek Stroh, Stand), Video
Director/Producer, etc. The Kamatoy Media Group is helping companies
bridge the gap between social media and traditional advertising with
Email Marketing using Jugglemail.com (Get a FREE TRIAL account) and
more. If your interested please contact us immediately.
We welcome your participation.